- Like Aurora's, this jeweled headpiece is the perfect accessory for a brand-new princess. See More Crafts
- Crown template
- Scissors (Cutting intended for grown-ups only.)
- Craft foam (light and dark yellow)
- Tacky glue or a hot glue gun
- Acrylic gems (sold in craft stores and large department stores)
- A headband
- Pinch-style clothespins
Cut out the foam tracing and place it atop a piece of dark yellow craft foam. Trace the cutout, leaving a 1/4-inch border all the way around to create a second crown piece that's slightly larger than the first. Cut out the second tracing.
Glue the two cutouts together, centering the smaller one on top of the larger one. Then glue acrylic gems along the top of the crown. Allow the glue to thoroughly dry.
Next, glue the lower edge of the crown to the headband, starting in the center and working your way out to the ends. If you opt to use tacky glue, you can hold the two pieces together with pinch-style clothespins until the adhesive dries. (To keep the clothespins from leaving an impression on the face of the crown, sandwich scrap pieces of craft foam between them and the crown.)
Article provided by Spoonful.com
You might also like...
- Cogsworth Cupcakes
- Make these character treats inspired by the beast's enchanted castle for your own little beauty.