- Being the Sultan of Agrabah, Princess Jasmine's father lived in a palace filled with the best of furnishings. The dinner table, for instance, would be set with golden pitchers and bejeweled cups and bowls. See More Crafts
- 1-liter plastic soda bottle
- Measuring tape
- Craft knife
- Scissors (Cutting intended for grown-ups only.)
- Hot glue gun
- Yellow mulberry paper or non-bleeding tissue paper
- Waxed paper
- Glue sealer
- Small paintbrush or foam brush
- Gold glitter glue
- Acrylic gems
Measure 4 1/2 inches up from the bottom of the soda bottle and cut the bottle into two pieces, using the craft knife to start the cut and the scissors to finish. Trim the cut edge of the bottle bottom to even it. Then, trim the bottle top so that it measures 3 inches down from the rim.
Glue the two bottle parts together, as shown, to create a goblet.
Cover your work surface with newspaper topped with waxed paper. Cut out a bunch of squares (about 3 inches) from the mulberry or tissue paper.
One at a time, paint each of the paper squares with glue sealer and press it onto the bottle. Continue doing this, overlapping the edges of the squares a bit and pressing the paper around the curves of the plastic, until the entire surface is covered.
Brush a coat of glue sealer on the entire outer surface of the goblet to seal the paper, and let it dry.
You might also like...
- Cogsworth Cupcakes
- Make these character treats inspired by the beast's enchanted castle for your own little beauty.