Lightning McQueen Car Air Freshener
- Here's a craft Cars fans will get plenty of mileage out of -- a homemade air freshener that resembles the famous race car that put Radiator Springs back on the map. Younger kids may need a little help cutting out the smaller pieces, but they'll have fun gluing the shapes together and drawing on the finishing details. See More Crafts
- Lightning McQueen Car Air Freshener Template
- Scissors (Cutting intended for grown-ups only)
- Cardstock or heavy weight craft paper (red, black, yellow, light and dark shades of gray, and white)
- Glue stick
- Black marker
- String or thin ribbon (to hang the car freshener)
- Glue dot
- Essential oil (sold at craft stores)
- Small plastic bag
Assemble the tires by gluing the sidewall pieces to the respective tread pieces, as shown. Then glue the hubs to the centers of the sidewalls.
Glue the assembled tires to the red car body. Use a black marker to color in the right front tire shape.
Stick the lightning bolt decal in place between the left tires.
Glue on the windshield and side windows, and then the headlights and smile.
Now your child can use the pencil to draw small circular eyes on the windshield, and curved lines to define the hood, the top of the windshield, the roof, and the corners of the mouth. He can also add details to the hubs. Once he has everything the way he likes, have him fill in the eyes and darken the pencil lines with black marker.
To create a hanger for the air freshener, fold a length of string or ribbon in half and use a glue dot to stick the ends to the top of the gray car body, as shown.
Glue the red card body atop the gray one, matching up all the edges.
Scent the back of the air freshener with drops of essential oil. For the best results, put the finished air freshener in a plastic bag overnight to let the paper fully infuse the fragrance. Over time, add more essential oil to the air freshener as needed.
Article provided by Spoonful.com
You might also like...
- Cogsworth Cupcakes
- Make these character treats inspired by the beast's enchanted castle for your own little beauty.