Bambi's Butterfly Bobby Pins
- When a butterfly landed on little Bambi's nose, he learned to speak its name. Made of soft felt and bobby pins, this sweet tribute to the film makes the perfect preschool project. See More Crafts
Download the template here: Bambi's Butterfly Bobby Pin
- One 9- by 12-inch piece of felt
- One 9- by 12-inch piece of fabric
- One 9- by 12-inch sheet of double stick fusible web
- Scissors (Cutting intended for grown-ups only)
- 6 bobby pins
Peel backing from one side of the fusible web. The web will be tacky. Stick the tacky side onto the felt. Peel the backing from the other side of fusible web. Press the fabric onto the exposed webbing. Set iron to low and iron both sides, fusing the fabric to the felt. Note: This is a parent's job.
Trace the butterfly template onto the fused felt and fabric. You should be able to fit six butterflies. Cut out butterflies.
Preschoolers can decorate their butterflies by gluing scraps of felt and sequins to their wings.
Once it's decorated, slide a bobby pin over the center of the butterfly. Cut a piece of ribbon or a scrap of felt and glue it to the bobby pin to create a butterfly body.
You might also like...
- Cogsworth Cupcakes
- Make these character treats inspired by the beast's enchanted castle for your own little beauty.