Little Einsteins Creative Cupcakes
- Instead of serving a birthday cake, encourage the children's creativity by letting them decorate their own cupcakes! See More Recipes
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Ready-made vanilla frosting
- Food coloring
- Sprinkles, chocolates, peppermints, animal-shaped chewy fruit snacks, and any other small candy and edible decorations
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined. Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in three parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not over beat.
Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about two-thirds full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean (17 to 20 minutes).
Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat process with remaining batter.
In small bowls, place small scoops of ready-made vanilla frosting and add a few drops of food coloring. Allow children to pick their own frosting color and decorate their cupcakes with sprinkles, chocolates, mints, and other goodies.
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.