Handy Manny's Capcakes
- Handy Manny's famous red and white baseball cap becomes a sweet treat when it's constructed of a mini-cupcake nestled on top of larger cupcake. See More Recipes
- 12 mini-cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- 12 regular cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- Red decorator's icing
- White decorator's icing
- 1 cup cake frosting
- 12 red cinnamon candies
Remove cupcake liners from the mini-cupcakes and place them, bottom-up, on waxed paper. Frost the bottom and sides of the mini-cupcakes with red and white decorator icing, Frost half the cupcake white and half red, to create the look of a baseball cap. Place a red cinnamon candy in the center of each cap.
While placing frosted caps in the refrigerator to firm them up, top regular-sized cupcakes with the frosting of your choice -- we used vanilla.
Preschool step: This is a fun job for preschoolers. Let them use a small spatula -- whipped frostings are light and easy to spread.
Use red decorator's icing to pipe a red half circle on top of the frosted cupcake -- this will be the bill of Manny's cap.
Remove the caps from the refrigerator and place them, bottoms-up, on top of the larger cupcakes. Be sure to line the white side of the cap with the edge of the red half-circle, creating a hat with a bill -- just like Manny's.
Article provided by Spoonful.com
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.