Jake's Pirate Hat Cake
- Ask any birthday buccaneer if he wants a piece of this swashbuckling cake, and you'll get a resounding, "Aye, matey!" Surround it with chocolate coins for an even more treasured treat. See More Recipes
- 2 (8-inch) round chocolate cakes
- 2 (16-ounce) cans chocolate fudge frosting
- White decorators' frosting
Use a long serrated knife to trim the tops of the cakes to flatten them, if needed. Spread a thin layer of chocolate frosting over the trimmed side of one cake, then lay the other cake on top, trimmed side down.
Cut one side from the stack, as shown. Cut this piece in half and assemble the hat. Spoon 1/4 cup of the chocolate frosting into a resealable sandwich bag, set it aside, and use the rest of the frosting to cover the cake.
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.