Never Land Treasure Chest Cake
- Your swashbucklers can leave your Jake and the Never Land Pirates party with quite a haul, such as gummy fish, temporary tattoos, chocolate coins or candy jewelry. Best of all, they can dig these treasures out of this cake at the end of a treasure hunt! See More Recipes
- 1 baked 13- x 9- x 2-inch cake
- 6 cups chocolate frosting
- Edible treasures, such as chocolate coins, foil-wrapped chocolates and round wafter candies
- Red fruit leather, cut into strips
- Mini jawbreakers
- Candy jewels, such as candy necklaces and rock candy
Cut a section approximately 2 inches wide in the center of the cake. The two remaining 5 1/2- x 9- x 2-inch rectangular pieces will form the bottom and top of the chest.
Slice the 2-inch section on an angle to form two long triangular wedges. Place the wedges on the bottom half of the chest, about an inch apart. Both wedges should face the same direction (tall end toward the front of the cake) as they will support the top of the treasure chest and keep it propped open. Then frost the bottom half of cake, including the wedges.
To add further support for the top of the chest, stand a few large gold coins under the lid.
With the "hinged" end (left side of photo) at the back, place the top of the chest on the bottom and frost.
Wrap the fruit leather straps around the chest and press mini jawbreaker "nails" into the frosting alongside the straps. Fill the chest and the surrounding area with edible treasures and jewels.
Article provided by Spoonful.com
You might also like...
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday Party Invitation
- Call the clan to the Clubhouse with this mousenificent little printable, pop-up invitation.