Jungle Junction Bungo Sign Cupcakes
- Bungo keeps the residents of Jungle Junction informed with bright red signs. These cheery cupcakes let kids know to be on the lookout for birthday fun. See More Recipes
- 12 cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- 1 cup white frosting, canned or from your favorite recipe
- 10-12 vanilla cookies, crushed
- 12 red lollipops
- 12 green fruit chews
- 12 white fruit chews
- Cookie decorating pens, assorted colors
- 3 red licorice twists, cut into 1/2" pieces
- Rolling pin
Frost cooled cupcakes with white icing.
To crumble the cookies place them in a plastic bag and let kids pound them into crumbs. Place cookie crumbles in a small shallow bowl and dip cupcakes into the crumbles to coat.
Roll the green and white fruit chews flat, using a rolling pin. Trim the green fruit chew into a palm frond with clean kitchen scissors. (Use clean, child-safe, scissors to make this a preschool-friendly task). Lay the palm frond on top of the frosted cupcake.
Use a cookie cutter to cut the white fruit chews into circles. Draw birthday-themed pictures -- such as balloons, presents, and cakes -- onto the fruit chews with edible decorator pens. This is a fun job for artistic preschoolers!
Remove the wrapper from the lollipop and press the decorated circle onto the lollipop. The sticky candy will adhere easily to the lollipop.
Thread the stick of your lollipop through the hollow center of a piece of cut licorice and press the lollipop "sign" into the center of the cupcake.
Article provided by Family.com
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.