Lion and Lamb Cupcakes
- Whether your March is in like a lion and out like a lamb or the complete opposite, you can celebrate this mercurial month by making these clever cupcakes. See More Recipes
- 2 light-colored cupcakes
- Yellow icing
- 5 orange and 1 yellow medium gumdrops
- 3 chocolate chips
- 1 piece of red shoestring licorice
- Potato-chip shaped chocolate candy
- 2 brown, 1 black, and 1 pink jelly beans
- Mini nonpareils
For the lion: Frost a cupcake with yellow icing. For the mane and whiskers, slice 5 orange gumdrops and 1 yellow gumdrop in half vertically. Arrange the orange gumdrop halves around the cupcake as shown. Then cut a small horizontal slit in each yellow gumdrop half. Press three 1-inch pieces of licorice into each slit and set the whiskered gumdrops on the cupcake. Add chocolate chips for eyes and a nose and dot the eyes with icing.
For the lamb: Frost a cupcake with white icing. Using small scissors, shape the sides of potato chip-shaped chocolate candy to make it triangular. Place it on the cupcake as shown, add brown jelly beans for ears, and cover the remaining space with mini nonpareils. For the eyes and nose, cut the ends off the black and pink jelly beans. Put a dot of frosting on the back of the jelly bean slices and arrange them on the chocolate candy as shown.
Article provided by Spoonful.com
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.