Shutterbug's Ladybug Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Seeing red? No worries - it's just cute little Shutterbug and her delectable red velvet cupcakes. See More Recipes
- 1 18.25-ounce box yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 16-ounce can cream cheese frosting
- Black decorating gel
- 12 blue gumdrops
- 12 stick pretzels
- Red food coloring
- Blue food coloring
Preheat oven to 350°.
Line a muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
Prepare cake batter according to package instructions.
Stir cocoa powder and 1 1/2 tablespoons red food coloring into cake batter.
Pour into muffin tins and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Allow to cool before removing from pans.
Cool completely before decorating.
Color two-thirds of the frosting red. Color the remaining frosting light blue. Note: To make the frosting light blue, gradually add blue food coloring to the white frosting while stirring until the desired color is reached.
Decorate tops of cupcakes to look like diagram of shutterbug to the right. Add black dots with decorating gel.
Push a jujube or gumdrop onto the end of each pretzel stick. Insert pretzel sticks in blue head for antenna.
Makes 6 servings.
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.