Dotty's Carrot Soup
- Dotty's special assignment? Distract kids with the tantalizing aroma and color of her oh-so-healthy carrot soup. See More Recipes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 3 cups water (more or less for desired thickness)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil over low heat in a medium saucepan.
Add onions, celery, and carrot; sauté covered for 4 minutes.
Add garlic, cauliflower, water, and ginger and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
Place in the work bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
Add sour cream and blend.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.