Chili Con Carne
- Seasonal peppers from the local mercado (market), spiced to the King's delight, will add color and flair to this traditional Latin dish. See More Recipes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean, ground turkey
- 1 15-ounce can red, pinto, or kidney beans; rinsed and drained
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder, more or less according to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: Chopped red onion, tomato, cilantro, and shredded cheddar cheese
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
Add turkey and cook, stirring often to break up the bigger bits, until turkey is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Add kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in apple cider vinegar.
Serve with onion, tomato, cilantro, and cheese for garnishing.
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.