Qunicy's Cheesy Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Quincy can play any instrument... even seashells! But the only sound coming from these high-protein, low-fat shells is the big "mmmm" your preschoolers will make as they devour them with delight! See More Recipes
- 1 15-ounce container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup non-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 large egg white
- 1 8-ounce package jumbo pasta shells, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour in half the crushed tomatoes and set aside.
Mix together ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and basil in a small bowl.
Season with salt and pepper.
Stir in egg white.
Spoon filling into pasta shells and place shells open-side-up into prepared baking dish.Stir in egg white.
Spoon remaining crushed tomatoes over the top.
Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese over the top and bake for 15 minutes, or until heated through.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.