Smitty's Wagon Wheel Pasta
- Mover Smitty loves this wagon wheel pasta because it reminds him of one of his favorite place -- the Wild West. After all, he does love to wear cowboy hats! Full of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and iron, this one-dish meal is perfect for your preschooler because of the fun shapes and great flavor! See More Recipes
- 1 pound whole-wheat or organic wheel pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups ham, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 16-ounce bag baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until just done (slightly al dente). Drain pasta and set aside.
In the same pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Increase heat to high and add ham. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add peas and spinach to pot, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until spinach is nearly completely wilted.
Stir in cooked pasta and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.