Bouquet of Veggie Flowers
- Colorful, cheery, happy-go-lucky, plucky. Minnie and Daisy? Well, yes... but our zippy, zesty veggie flowers are just as light-hearted and fun as our two favorite gal pals. Make individual bouquets to place in small vases or in tea cups. See More Recipes
- 12 asparagus
- 12 green beans
- 12 snow peas
- 1 bunch radishes, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 hothouse cucumber, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 head curly leaf lettuce or kale
Place a medium saucepan of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add asparagus and green beans and cook for 30 seconds. Drain under cold running water and set aside.
Cut cucumber into flower shapes with flower cutters.
Cut radishes into flower shapes with flower cutters.
Using a small knife or a channel knife, cut channels into the length of the carrot then slice thinly into individual flowers. Alternatively, you can slice carrots into 1/8-inch slices then cut into flower shapes with flower cutters.
Using a variety of flower-shaped cutters, cut peppers into flowers.
Place lettuce or kale inside small, clean vases or tea cups so that curly ends come up to the top of the vase. Arrange vegetable flowers so that they stand upright. Place asparagus, green beans and snow peas to look like an arrangement of flowers.
Makes 6 servings.
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.