Never Land Palm Tree Veggies
- Heave ho! This healthy side dish tips a tricorn hat to Never Land's tropical foliage. Even the pickiest preschoolers will eat their veggies when they're served up with true pirate spirit. See More Recipes
- 1 ear corn, husk and silk removed
- 10 green beans
- 16 sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash
- 1/2 cup small pear tomatoes
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain under cool running water.
Cut kernels from corn cob and scatter along the bottom of a serving tray or dish to make the "sand."
Cut 1 round slice from the end of the zucchini or yellow squash for the "sun" and place at the top of the serving tray.
Make a palm tree on either side of the serving tray with green beans for the trunk and sugar snap peas or snow peas for the leaves.
Using a vegetable peeler, cut the zucchini or yellow squash into long, flat strips. Cut the strips in half lengthwise. Fan strips between the two palm trees to make the "hammock."
Place pear tomatoes on the hammock.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.