Springtime Veggie Flowers with Ranch Dip
- Let your kids play with their food by making this creative snack. Once their flower is in bloom, they can dip the petals in our easy-to-mix ranch dressing.
- radish slices
- fresh spinach leaves
- cucumber rounds
- cherry tomatoes
- celery sticks
- baby carrots
- 1 16-ounce container fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced, fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced, fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 clove garlic, crushed)
- 2 tablespoons grated onion (optional)
Set out vegetables and let your kids design their own flowers (there is no right or wrong way of doing this). We used radish slices and cucumber rounds for petals, cherry tomatoes for flower centers, celery sticks for stems, spinach for leaves, and baby carrots for grass.
Ranch Dip: In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and vinegar until smooth. Add the parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion, if desired, and salt and pepper and stir. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Article provided by Spoonful.com
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.