Pirate's Skull Cookies
- Decorated with chewy chocolate candy and chocolate sprinkles, these sugar cookies are sure to be a hit with your own little Never Land pirate. See More Recipes
- Small chocolate, chewy, wrapped candies
- Waxed paper
- Sugar cookie dough (homemade or store bought)
- Kitchen knife
- Baking sheet
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Cooling rack
Unwrap and slice the chewy chocolate candies into 1/8-inch thick circles to use for the skeleton cookie eyes. With clean hands, flatten and shape the circles so that they are slightly rectangular. Then set them aside on a piece of waxed paper.
For each skull, cut a 2-inch circle head and a 3/4 inch square jaw from the cookie dough. Place the jaw up against the bottom of the circle head and gently push the two pieces together until they stick. Lightly press 4 or 5 chocolate sprinkle "skeleton teeth" atop the jaw portion of the cookie. Then use a spatula to transfer the cookie to a baking sheet.
When the baking sheet is full, bake the cookies according to the recipe directions. (Note: If the dough has softened too much, place the sheet in the refrigerator for a few minutes to stiffen it up again before baking so they'll hold their shapes.)
Remove the baked cookies from the oven and let them cool on the tray for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. While the cookies are still warm, top them with the chewy chocolate eyes (the candy will stick to them as they cool).
Article provided by Spoonful.com
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.