Goofy's Spaghetti And Meatballs
- Good health comes to you when you eat your veggies -- all the better when they're green, just like Babar's favorite suit! See More Recipes
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium tomato sauce, heated
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into long strips with a julienne cutter
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat so water stays at a fast simmer.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking oil spray and add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has released and evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Add green bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until peppers are soft, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a medium bowl, mix together sweet potato, flour, bread crumbs, onion powder, egg, and mushroom mixture.
With oiled hands, roll sweet potato mixture into 1-inch balls. Place balls in simmering water and let cook for 7 minutes. Remove from hot water with a slotted spoon and place in tomato sauce.
Meanwhile, return skillet to medium high heat and add zucchini. Cook, stirring frequently, until just tender, about 2 minutes.
To serve, place meatballs and marinara sauce over zucchini spaghetti. Sprinkle cheese on top.
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.