Mrs. Portillo's Pumpkin Pie
- "Let's get rollin'!" says Sheetrock Hill's favorite baker, Mrs. Portillo, as she rolls out a flaky pie crust and fills it with the season's best sweet-and-spiced pumpkin. See More Recipes
- 3-pound pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups whole grain nugget cereal
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 8-ounce package fat-free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
Cut pumpkin in half and remove seeds, pulp, and strings. Remove peel and cut into 2-inch pieces.
Place in a steamer basket and place over boiling water. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until soft, about 50 minutes. Let cool before mashing slightly.
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Spray a 10-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Place cereal and apple butter in a small bowl and stir to combine. Press mixture into bottom and sides of prepared pie pan.
In the work bowl of a food processor or blender, process 2 cups of pumpkin, eggs, egg whites, cream cheese, sugar substitute, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and flour until smooth.
Pour into pie pan and bake until cooked through, about 1 hour. Allow to cool at least 1 hour before serving.
Makes 8-12 servings.
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.