Whirlybird's Apple and Chicken Salad
with Pita Crisps
- The situation can be grim for preschoolers if they're running low on food fuel. Our protein-packed salad - with a little pita power on the side - keeps little ones ready for action. See More Recipes
- 2 pita breads, each cut into 8 pieces
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 medium red apple, cored and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 8 limestone or Boston lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place pita pieces on a baking sheet and lightly spray with olive oil cooking spray.
Bake for 6 minutes or until crisp.
Remove from oven to cool.
Combine chicken, apple, green onion, celery, and sour cream in a medium bowl and stir.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Place two lettuce leaves on each salad plate to make lettuce "cups" and fill with chicken mixture.
Serve with pita chips. Makes 4 servings.
You might also like...
- Flo's Oil Can Party Favors
- Recreate Radiator Springs with these sweet, easy-to-make, party favor tins.