The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning DVD Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER AND PLAY, FEW WILL WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning DVD Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., Disney Enterprises, Inc., and ePrize, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations. Void in Quebec and where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) and an instant win game (the “Instant Win Game”).
2. Sponsor: Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., 500 S. Buena Vista, Burbank, CA 91505, U.S.A. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069, U.S.A.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on July 28, 2008 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on December 31, 2008 at 11:59 ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER AND PLAY, FEW WILL WIN.
During the Promotion Period, visit http://disneymovierewards.com/ariel and follow the links and instructions to complete the registration. You must be a member of Disney Movie Rewards in order to enter the Promotion. If you are not a member of Disney Movie Rewards you may become a member by visiting www.disneymovierewards.com. Membership is free. Complete and submit the registration including a valid home address. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes and advance to the Instant Win Game page and receive one (1) Instant Win Game play for that day. Once on the Instant Win Game Page, you will be instantly notified if you are a potential winner of one (1) of the Instant Win Game prizes. If you are the potential winner of a prize, you will receive an email detailing the prize you have won and explaining fully how to retrieve your prize.
Limit: Each participant may enter the Sweepstakes one (1) time total, and play the Instant Win Game one (1) time per day during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner, from all eligible entries on or around January 2, 2009. Instant Win Game: Ten thousand eighty (10,080) random, computer-generated winning times, one for each prize listed below, will be generated during the Promotion Period. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated.
6. All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor or administrator, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the INSTANT WIN GAME or sweepstakes SHOULD so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility, AND the potential INSTANT WIN GAME WinnER and/or sweepstakes winner have been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. any play that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective play and is void and will not be honored.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Sweepstakes winner will be notified by email, telephone, or registered mail after the date of random drawing. The potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) will be required to sign and return to ePrize, within ten (10) days of the date notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release or Declaration of Compliance if Canadian resident (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (or Declaration of Compliance if Canadian resident) within the required time period (if applicable), potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that a potential winner of a Grand or First Prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded. Unclaimed Second, Third and Fourth Prizes will remain unawarded. Potential winners from Canada will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive a prize or prize will be forfeited. For U.S. residents, First through Fourth Prizes will be fulfilled 8-10 weeks following winner verification. All Canadian winners will receive First through Fourth Prizes the later of either 2-3 weeks after the receipt of their skills test or 8-10 weeks following winner verification.
8. Prizes: Sweepstakes Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Trip for four (4) to New York City. Trip package includes roundtrip coach airfare for four (4) from a major commercial airport near winner's home to New York City, three (3) nights hotel accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (two rooms, double occupancy), $500 to be used at the World of Disney, a meet and greet backstage with Broadway cast members from Disney's The Little Mermaid, four (4) tickets to Disney's The Little Mermaid at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (seat location determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), dinner for four (4) at a Blue Fin restaurant, and a $520 gift card to Red Door Spa by Elizabeth Arden. Winner must complete the trip by January 30, 2009 or prize will be forfeited. Trip subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Promotion, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, personal charges at lodging, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, each travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her place of residence, at least one (1) travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companions must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner and travel companions are solely responsible for obtaining identification documents necessary for travel between U.S. and Canada. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if any meet and greet or event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4,530 USD. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Instant Win Game Prizes: FIVE (5) FIRST PRIZES: A Heelys Gift Package which includes: one (1) certificate for one (1) pair of any style/size Heelys shoe, one (1) Heelys wheel bag, one (1) Heelys backpack, one (1) youth size Heelys beanie, and one (1) gift certificate for a youth size Heelys hoodie. ARV: $180 USD. FIFTY (50) SECOND PRIZES: The Little Mermaid: A Broadway Musical Original Broadway Cast Recording CD. ARV: $25 USD. TWENTY-FIVE (25) THIRD PRIZES: The Little Mermaid: A Broadway Musical Logo Cap. ARV: $20.50 USD. TEN THOUSAND (10,000) FOURTH PRIZES: A digital code for a Disney Enchanted Call from one of a number of Disney characters. ARV: $2.49 USD. Terms and conditions of digital code apply. Odds of winning an Instant Win Game Prize depend on the number of eligible prizes available divided by the number of Instant Win Game plays. Limit: One (1) Instant Win Game prize per person.
For All Prizes: No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $32,092.50 USD.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, ePrize, LLC, Disney Enterprises, Inc., prize providers, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state (and/or province) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or the Instant Win Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game play, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or (excluding any and all disputes, claims and cause of action arising out of or connected with the use of any of the prizes awarded in the Promotion) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Any and all disputes, claims and cause of action arising out of or connected with the use of prizes shall be noted individually, without resort in any form of class action, before the Circuit Court of the Ninth Judicial Circuit in and for Orange County, Florida, U.S.A.; or, if the Circuit Court does not have jurisdiction, then before the United States Court for Middle District of Florida (Orlando Division); or if neither of such courts shall have jurisdiction, then before any other court sitting in Orange County, Florida, U.S.A., having subject matter jurisdiction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than May 2, 2009. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: "W –The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning DVD Sweepstakes, Winner List Request,” to WinListRequests@eprizefulfillment.com.
|(X) Close window|