NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: Disney Interactive Media Group, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521.
2. ADMINISTRATOR: Ventura Associates, Inc., 1040 Sixth Avenue, New York, NY 10018, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding with respect to this contest (“Contest”).
3. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF CONTEST: This is a Contest to be conducted during the period commencing at 12:01 AM, April 1, 2012 and ending at 11:59:59 PM, May 13, 2012 (“Entry Period”), for you as a Contestant to compete for one (1) of five (5) available Grand Prizes by submitting via www.Disney.com/memories (“Website”) an entry consisting of the following elements: (1) an essay in English of not more than 500 words (“Essay”) describing the individual who helped create a favorite memory through impactful and meaningful interaction (e.g. the grandfather who always took me fishing near the local pond; my cousin the war hero who inspired me, my 4th grade teacher who developed my passion for reading which led me to become a writer, etc.) and include the name of the person [family member, friend, teacher, mentor or hero] who took part in this memory (“Memory Maker”);  title for Essay;  additional information requested on the Memory Maker and  all other information requested (collectively, “Submission”). For purposes of these official rules (“Rules”), all times and days are Pacific Daylight Time. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. The awarding of the prizes is subject to the eligibility and forfeiture provisions set forth below.
5. ENTRY SPECIFICATIONS: During the Entry Period, as a Member you may enter the Contest by visiting the Website, logging in with your Member ID and Password, agreeing to the Rules, complying with the Official Entry Form and following all online entry instructions to submit your Submission (collectively, “Entry”). If you are not a Member, you may become a Member for free by visiting the Website and registering by providing the requested information on the Registration Form through the link on the site: “Not registered?” Upon becoming a Member by registration, you may enter by following the above instructions. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your email address (“Address”). To do so, go to http://register.go.com/go/memberservices/home, log into your Website account with your Member ID and Password, click on “Modify” and follow the instructions on how to change the Address.
6. CONTEST MATERIALS: The term "Materials" includes the following (individually and collectively and any and all element contained therein):  all information and material submitted by you in connection with the Contest, including the Submission and all other forms, contracts or releases required to be submitted by you as a Contestant, whether required by Sponsor prior to or after Entry;  your name, likeness, image and biographical data as contained in or reflected by the Submission and  all photographs, artwork, writings, statements, dramatic materials, ideas, quotations and any other intellectual properties created by you in connection with the Contest, whether submitted to the Sponsor or not, including the Submission. Except as specifically provided herein, by entering the Contest, you agree to grant to Sponsor or Sponsor’s third party partners, in Disney’s sole discretion, a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable worldwide license to use, re-use, reproduce, transmit, display, distribute, re-distribute, copy, store, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon and publicly perform the contents of the Materials, in whole or in part, in all media, formats and channels now known or hereafter devised, for the duration of the rights in each country, area and space, and throughout the universe, in perpetuity and in all languages, formats and versions, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation. Entrants agree that Sponsor or Sponsor’s affiliated companies may, but are not required to attribute the Material or part thereof, to Entrant. By submitting the Material, Entrant waives and releases and holds the Entities harmless from any and all claims that entrant or any third party may now or hereafter have based on defamation, privacy, publicity, unfair competition or moral rights (droit moral) with respect to the Material and anything contained therein. All material owned by the Sponsor or the Sponsor’s affiliated companies, including but not limited to any picture, logo, title art, etc., shall remain their property and you shall acquire no rights therein by virtue of the Contest.
7. REPRESENTATIONS: By submitting the Materials in the Contest, you represent and warrant to Sponsor that the Materials and everything depicted therein:  are original with you and do not originate from a magazine, newspaper or other commercial or proprietary source;  do not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any person, firm or entity, including privacy and publicity rights;  do comply with the TOU and the Rules;  do not contain any trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork or sculptures or other material (e.g., on props, costumes, background) that includes and/or would infringe any third party’s copyrights or trademarks;  have not previously been submitted in a contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means;  do not contain the likeness or photograph of any person or persons and  do not contain material which is objectionable (i.e. sexually implicit, contain mention or reference to drugs, alcohol, vulgarity, profanity, etc.) or unlawful as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. You further represent and warrant to Sponsor that: [a] you have all rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Materials in accordance with the Rules; [b] no person or entity other than you has any right, title or interest in and to any part of the Materials and [c] you are not subject to any agreement or arrangement that would interfere with your entering this Contest and granting all the rights granted hereunder or that would conflict with any other documentation required hereunder. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and remove any Contestant that Sponsor deems to be in violation of these Representations and Warranties at any time.
LIMITATIONS: Limit of one (1) Entry per person/Address (regardless of whether one person has more than one Address or more than one person use the same Address). In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 5 are void. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, illegible, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, mutilated, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in your email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified; and any Contestant who attempts to enter with multiple Addresses or under multiple identities will be disqualified. Sponsor is not obligated to communicate with any Contestant during the duration of the Contest. Void in Quebec and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Please review these Rules and the TOU carefully; however, in the event of a conflict between these Rules and the TOU, these Rules will control.
8. PRIZES: FIVE (5) GRAND PRIZES: Five (5) Grand Prize winners as determined by the Judges will each receive a five (5) day / four (4) night trip for winner and his/her three (3) guests (collectively, “Winner Group”) plus winner’s Memory Maker and up to three (3) of his/her guests (collectively, “Memory Group”) – a total of up to eight (8) individuals (collectively, “Contest Group”) to Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, Florida (“City”), between July 24, and July 29, 2012 (“Trip”), consisting of the following elements:  hotel accommodations (two standard rooms/quad occupancy, including room tax) for four (4) nights for the Contest Group;  5-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper® Option, including access to Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot® , Disney's Hollywood Studios® and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park for the Contest Group;  a Disney Gift Card with a value of one thousand dollars ($1,000) for winner only,  for winner only, winner’s choice of one (1) of the four (4) following enhancements: (i) Disney’s PhotoPass® - including one (1) Disney’s PhotoPass® Book, one (1) Disney’s PhotoPass® CD and other select Disney’s PhotoPass® offerings; (ii) Select Disney Tours with a value up to $500. Restrictions apply; (iii) one (1) Downtown Disney shopping spree with a value of up to $500 or (iv) relaxing Spa experiences with a value up to $500;  for Winner Group only, if winner’s residence is located more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from the City, round-trip coach air transportation on a Sponsor-selected carrier between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near winner’s residence (“airport of origin”) and Orlando International Airport and airport/hotel transfers; but if winner’s residence is located two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from City, then round-trip ground transportation via a Sponsor-selected method between winners’ residence and the hotel;  for Memory Group only, if Memory Maker’s residence is located more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from the City, round-trip coach air transportation on a Sponsor-selected carrier between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near Memory Maker’s residence (“airport of origin”) and Orlando International Airport and airport/hotel transfers; but if Memory Maker’s residence is located two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from City, then round-trip ground transportation via a Sponsor-selected method between Memory Maker’s residence and the hotel;  for winner only, one (1) Sony 16GB Full HD Camcorder with Projector and  for Memory Maker only, one (1) Sony 16GB Full HD Camcorder with Projector. Approximate retail value (“ARV)”: of Grand Prize: $13,273.28 (Trip: $1,484.41 per person for a total of $11,875.28 (assumes total of 8 people), plus camcorders: $1,398 (assumes 2 camcorder) which will vary depending upon points of departures and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares. Total ARV of all prizes: $66,366.40. If Memory Maker is not able to make the Trip, a winner may choose four (4) additional guests (still for a total Contest Group of eight (8) persons). All prize values are in United States Dollars. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the winner’s and Memory Maker’s residences and any airports of origin, alcoholic beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. All terms and conditions of the Gift Card are applicable. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates and Sponsor’s approval. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. A Winner must take the Trip between July 24, and July 29, 2012, or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Once the travel schedule has been arranged, it cannot be altered and failure to follow such schedule shall not obligate Sponsor in any way to provide alternate arrangements. Releasees are not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. If the actual value of a prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Any depiction of prize is for illustrative purposes only. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Prize elements may not be separated. Airline tickets issued in conjunction with a prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and prizes are validly claimed by July 15, 2012, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person/ Address.
9. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: In order to determine the winners, Entries will be judged by a panel of judges made up of Sponsor’s representatives (“Judges”) to select five (5) potential winners based in the following criteria (collectively, “Criteria”): Relevance to theme (30%), Creativity (40%) and Emotional Appeal (30%). In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined using the highest score in “Relevance to Theme” then the “Creativity” criterion, followed by the “Emotional Appeal” criterion, as needed. On or about June 15, 2012, the potential Grand Prize winners will be selected by the Judges based on the Criteria. The decisions of the Judges will be final on all matters relating to the judging.
10. WINNERS: The potential winners will be notified via overnight mail and/or email on or about June 16, 2012. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  a potential winner’s failure to respond to notification within three (3) business days after its mailing/transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  a potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  a potential winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) business days from date of mailing;  a potential winner’s failure to be available to make the Trip July 24 –29, 2012;  a potential winner’s failure to validly claim a prize by July 15, 2012 and  any other non-compliance with Rules. All members of the Winner Group must travel together on the same itinerary and all members of the Memory Group must travel together on the same itinerary. Each member of the Contest Group (individually, “Participant”) is solely responsible for obtaining all of his/her necessary travel documents (i.e. valid photo I.D, passport etc.) before departure. Prior to ticketing, all Participants will be required to execute and deliver a Release of Liability and permission for Sponsor to film the Trip. Any Participant who is a Minor must be accompanied at all times during the Trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, and all prize-related events) by his/her Parent as a Participant. All applicable taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of his/her prize.
13.RULES & WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of the winners (after June 16, 2012) and or Rules (before May 13, 2012), send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Share Magical Memories Contest, c/o Ventura Associates International LLC, Dept. VP, 1040 Sixth Avenue, NYC, NY 10018, designating either “winners” or “Rules.”