NO PURCHASE/PAYMENT OR TEXT MESSAGE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE/PAYMENT OR TEXT MESSAGE WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
MANY WILL ENTER. FEW WILL WIN.
A PURCHASE/PAYMENT OR TEXT MESSAGE WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
MANY WILL ENTER. FEW WILL WIN.
1. SPONSOR: ABC Cable Networks Group, dba Disney Channel, 3800 W. Alameda Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505.
2. ADMINISTRATOR: Ventura Associates International LLC, 1040 Sixth Avenue, New York, NY 10018, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding with respect to the sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”).
3. ENTRY: You may enter this Sweepstakes in one (1) of two (2) ways during the period beginning at 12:01 A.M., June 17, and ending at 11:59:59 P.M., August 19, 2012 (“Entry Period”). For purposes of these Official Rules (“Rules”), all times and days are Pacific Time.
(a) SMS TEXT ENTRY: You may enter this Sweepstakes, by sending on your cell phone (“Cell”) the keyword “SHAKE” as an SMS text message to the SMS shortcode 347639 (Disney) (“SMS Entry”). SMS Entrants will receive a confirmation SMS text message on their Cell. All Cell entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable phone and digital and SMS service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Standard carrier-messaging and data charges may apply to each text message sent and received. Text messaging may not be available in all areas. If you are a minor, as defined by state of primary residence, (“Minor”) you must have the permission of your parent/legal guardian (“Parent”) to enter via SMS Entry. By entering via SMS Entry you grant to Sponsor/Administrator your consent to call your Cell should you be selected a potential winner.
(b) ONLINE ENTRY: As a registered member (“Member”) of DisneyChannel.com, you may enter by logging onto DisneyChannel.com/SummerSweeps (“Website”), logging in with your Member Name and Password and following the “How to Enter” instructions (“Online Entry”). If you are not a Member, you may become a Member for free by visiting the Website and registering by providing the requested information on the Registration Form through the link on the site: “Not registered?” After registering, you may enter the Sweepstakes by following the above instructions. Parent of a child under the age of 13 will be sent an email notifying him/her of the child’s registration and Online Entry into this Sweepstakes. No response by the Parent to the email is required for the child to enter: however, if the Parent does not want his/her child to enter, Parent may click on a link in the email and complete the steps required to cancel the child’s Online Entry and delete the child’s information. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor if you or your Parent change email address (“Address”). To do so, go to http://register.go.com/go/memberservices/home, log into your Website account with your Member Name and Password, click on “Modify” and follow the instructions on how to change the Address.
“Entry” shall mean and refer to each SMS and Online Entry.
4. LIMITATIONS: All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M., August 19, 2012. Entries are limited to one (1) Entry per person/Cell/Address per day (regardless of method of Entry or whether one person has more than one Cell/Address or more than one person use the same Cell/Address). Maximum of 64 Entries allowed per person/Cell/Address during the Entry Period. In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Cell/Address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 3 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited. Open only to persons, who are, as of date of Entry, between the ages of 8 and 18 (inclusive) (“Child”) or a Parent of an eligible Child, legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States or D.C., (collectively, “Territory”) and not employees of Sponsor, Administrator, Best Western International, Inc. (“Best Western”), or 3ci; their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies; or the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of them (individually and collectively, “Entities”); nor members of their households or immediate families (defined as Parent, spouse, siblings and the spouses of each). Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider, Website or other connections, telephone or Cell text messaging availability or accessibility; miscommunications; failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure; failed phone, computer hardware or software or text message malfunctions, failures, technical errors or difficulties; telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple email or Cell accounts to register more than the number of Entries allowed by these Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
5. PRIZES: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A three (3) day / two (2) night trip for Grand Prize winner (“Grand Winner”) and three (3) guests (collectively, “Group”) to Los Angeles, CA (“City”), on Sponsor-selected dates (“Trip”) to meet selected cast members of Disney Channel’s hit series, Shake It Up, subject to availability (“Meet and Greet”), consisting of the following elements for the Group:  hotel accommodations at a Best Western® branded hotel (one standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax) for two (2) nights;  a Meet and Greet (subject to availability) with Bella Thorne and Zendaya Coleman while Grand Winner gets a dance lesson from a choreographer (“Lesson”);  hotel/Meet and Greet/Lesson transfers;  if Grand Winner’s residence is located more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from the City, round-trip coach air transportation on a Sponsor-selected carrier between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near Grand Winner’s residence (“airport of origin”) and a Sponsor-selected airport in or near the City; but if Grand Winner’s residence is located two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from the City, round-trip ground transportation via a Sponsor-selected method between Grand Winner’s residence and the hotel and  airport/hotel transfers if air transportation is provided. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Grand Winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the Grand Winner’s residence and any airport of origin, alcoholic beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. Travel, lodging, Meet and Greet and Lesson are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates and Sponsor’s approval. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Grand Winner must complete Trip on Sponsor-selected dates and no later than August 30, 2013, or Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Once the travel schedule has been arranged, it cannot be altered and failure of Grand Winner to follow such schedule shall not obligate Sponsor in any way to provide him/her with alternate arrangements. Releasees are not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) for Grand Prize: $5,300, which will vary depending upon points of departure and destination and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares. ONE HUNDRED (100) FIRST PRIZES: one (1) promotional $50 Best Western Travel Card® redeemable at any Best Western® branded hotel (ARV: $50). Total ARV of all prizes: $10,300. Limit one prize per person/Cell/Address. All terms and conditions of the gift card apply. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable, except the Grand Prize is transferable to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Administrator’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Administrator will not replace any lost or stolen prize. Prize elements may not be separated. A prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and prizes are validly claimed by October 30, 2012, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded. Each Best Western® branded hotel is independently owned and operated.
6. PROCEDURES: All Entries must be received during the Entry Period. On or about, August 29, 2012 in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator, the potential winners will be selected from among all eligible Entries received. The decision of the Administrator shall be final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
7. WINNERS: On or about August 30, 2012, potential winners will be notified via email or cell phone, as appropriate, to obtain their mailing addresses as well as any additional required information or responses. Once mailing address is available, potential Grand Winner will be sent paperwork by overnight delivery service. All legal responsibilities of a Minor entrant under the Rules will be assumed by a Parent; and a Minor winner’s prize will be awarded in the name of the Parent for the benefit of the Minor. At the sole discretion of the Administrator, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to respond to notification within 2 business days after transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  the return of any other notice or a prize as undeliverable;  potential winner’s failure to provide Administrator with satisfactory proof of age, identity, residency and Minor winner’s consent of Parent;  potential winner’s failure to provide Administrator with satisfactory proof that he/she (or Parent) is the authorized account holder of the Cell or Address associated with the winning Entry;  potential winner’s failure to provide required additional information upon Administrator’s request;  potential Grand Winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) business days after its mailing;  potential Grand Winner’s failure to be available to make the Trip on a Sponsor-selected date before August 30, 2013;  potential First Prize winner’s failure to claim any prize within four (4) business days after it is sent;  potential winner’s failure to validly claim any prize by October 30, 2012 and  any other non-compliance with Rules. All First Prizes for qualified winners will be delivered within 12 weeks after Administrator’s receipt of valid mailing addresses and verification of Eligibility and compliance with these Rules, including return of all required documentation. In the event of any prize forfeiture, the Administrator may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. The Group must travel together on the same itinerary and each member of the Group is solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (i.e. valid photo I.D, etc.) before departure. All guests will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to ticketing. Anyone in the Group who is a Minor must be accompanied on the Trip by his/her Parent as one of the Group. All taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner; and the Grand Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of his/her prize.
10. RULES & WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of winners (after August 30, and before October 30, 2012) and/or Rules (before August 19, 2012), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Shake It Up Summer Sweepstakes, Winner/Rules, c/o Ventura Associates International, LLC, 1040 Sixth Avenue, NYC, NY 10018. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by printing this web page.